ADSM-L

Backup set restore syntax

2006-03-02 14:19:29
Subject: Backup set restore syntax
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:18:19 -0500
Hello all,

I am testing restoring backup sets. From what I have read a
backup set cannot be restored from the TSM server to the
NetWare server using the GUI correct? I would like to restore
the following backup set from the TSM Server to a Netware server's
specific restore directory/folder.

F.Y.I - The backup set is on a Tape

Backup Sets : DOIAW2 WEEKLYDOIAW2.413087287
Node Name DOIAW2
Backup Set Name WEEKLYDOIAW2.413087287

I am using the the following syntax to restore the backup
to the Doapsa2 server's poi restore folder. What's missing?
if anything

TSM> restore WEEKLYDOIAW2.413087287  -loc=server DOIAW2\poa:restore

Thanks

TSM 5.3.2.1
TSM Novell client 5.2.2