ADSM-L

Re: DR and LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL Problems (SOLVED)

2006-03-02 07:03:01
Subject: Re: DR and LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL Problems (SOLVED)
From: Dave Zarnoch <zarnocd AT NATIONWIDEPROVIDENT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 07:02:15 -0500
Thank you all for your answers!

This group is GREAT!

Dave Zarnoch
Nationwide Provident
zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com

                      "Mark D.
                      Rodriguez"               To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <mark@MDRCONSULT.        cc:
                      COM>                     Subject:  Re: [ADSM-L] DR and
LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL Problems
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      03/01/2006 05:02
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Dave Zarnoch wrote:

>We are having some problems concerning a disaster recovery test....
>
>(We already ran LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.CREATE)
>
>When we launch:
>
>LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL
>
>Which contains:
>
>#!/bin/ksh
>set -x
>
> # Purpose: Initialize the log and database volumes.
> # Recovery Administrator: Run this to initialize the server
>         #   database and log volumes.
>
> /usr/bin/dsmserv format \
>  2 file:/adsmlv/recovery/LOG.VOLUMES \
>  2 file:/adsmlv/recovery/DB.VOLUMES
>
>(Each log volume is 1GB each DB volume is 2GB)
>
>LOG.VOLUMES
>
>/adsmlv02/log1.dsm
>/adsmlv03/log.dsm
>
>DB.VOLUMES
>
>/adsmlv02/db3.dsm
>/adsmlv03/db2.dsm
>
>We get:
>
>ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 2000 megabytes of 2000.
>ANR0302I Recovery log formatting took 593233 milliseconds.
>ANR0303I Format rate:  1726.1 pages/second.
>ANR0304I Page service time:     0.6 ms.
>ANR0305I Recovery log format complete.
>ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
>ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
>ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
>ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
>ANR0352I Transaction recovery complete.
>ANR0992I Server installation complete.
>
>It looks like it doesn't get to the DB,VOLUMES
>
>Any help?
>
>Thanks!
>

>Dave Zarnoch
>Nationwide Provident
>zarnocd AT nationwideprovident DOT com

Dave,

What you saw is normal and correct.  I guess you are looking for some
sort of format of the DB but that does not occur.  So I would say based
on what you have shown us that there are no problems with this part of
the process.

--
Regards,
Mark D. Rodriguez

MDR Consulting & Education
The very best in Technical Training and Consulting.
IBM Premier Business Partner, VMware Enterprise VIP Reseller
Certified Consultants and Instructors Supporting:
AIX, Linux, Windows, Tivoli, Lotus, WebSphere, DB2, VMware