ADSM-L

Re: DR and LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL Problems

2006-03-01 10:46:24
Subject: Re: DR and LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL Problems
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT JEFFERSONHOSPITAL DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 10:45:57 -0500
-----"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote: -----

>When we launch:
>
>LOGANDDB.VOLUMES.INSTALL

[Material deleted.]

>We get:
>
>ANR0301I Recovery log format in progress; 2000 megabytes of 2000.
>ANR0302I Recovery log formatting took 593233 milliseconds.
>ANR0303I Format rate:  1726.1 pages/second.
>ANR0304I Page service time:     0.6 ms.
>ANR0305I Recovery log format complete.
>ANR0306I Recovery log volume mount in progress.
>ANR0353I Recovery log analysis pass in progress.
>ANR0354I Recovery log redo pass in progress.
>ANR0355I Recovery log undo pass in progress.
>ANR0352I Transaction recovery complete.
>ANR0992I Server installation complete.
>
>It looks like it doesn't get to the DB,VOLUMES

I don't have a copy of the output from our site's last DR test
handy, but I see nothing obviously abnormal about the above output.
I do remember seeing a recovery log formatting process (above and
beyond what dsmfmt does), and not seeing any analogous process for
database volumes. I see messages about mounting and making multiple
passes over recovery log volumes whenever the TSM server is started.
I don't seee analogous messages for database volumes.