ADSM-L

Backup sets causing Oracle tape problems

2006-02-27 10:51:29
Subject: Backup sets causing Oracle tape problems
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:49:30 -0500
Hello,

We have Backup Sets that run weekly on Saturday's starting at 9:00am,
They usually run into Sunday mornings. I am using Group Collocation
on them yet and I performed a Move Node after I group collocated
them yet they still use tapes that clients mostly Oracle which are
critical. I lowered the priority on the backups sets to 10 which
is the lowest I believe. I see the following messages from the
weekend every week.

Has anyone ever had this issue? What possible solutions
could resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

CHTGAF02 (TDP Oracle AIX) being preempted by higher
priority operation. (SESSION: 164106, PROCESS: 15483)
ANR0494I Volume C00270 in use. Session 166195 for node
SPC16AVMP9 (TDP Oracle AIX) being preempted by higher
priority operation. (SESSION: 163479, PROCESS: 15479)
ANR0492I All drives in use. Session 165994 for node
SPC29ADW1 (TDP Oracle AIX) being preempted by higher
priority operation. (SESSION: 163479, PROCESS: 15479)
02/26/06 03:54:02
SPC6G02 (TDP Oracle AIX) being preempted by higher
priority operation. (SESSION: 164106, PROCESS: 15483)