ADSM-L

Fw: Journaling

2006-02-24 11:06:14
Subject: Fw: Journaling
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:05:44 -0500
Your environment seems like an idea candidate, journal backup is most
useful for very large file systems
in which only a small percentage of the objects change.

I would strongly suggest upgrading to the latest 5.32 client as many jbb
changes and fixes
have been made since 5.2.

Keep in mind that after the journal daemon is configured to journal the
file system, a full incremental
backup  of the file system will have to complete before subsequent backup
will be able to use
the journal.

Hope this helps .....

Pete Tanenhaus
email: tanenhau AT us.ibm DOT com
tieline: 320.8778, external: 607.754.4213

"Those who refuse to challenge authority are condemned to conform to it"

---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on