ADSM-L

TSM Management Console stalls PC

2006-02-23 09:34:38
Subject: TSM Management Console stalls PC
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:34:16 +0100
Hi *SMers,

I'm running the TSM 5.3.2.0 Mangament Console on a Windows XP Service
Pack 2 machine.
When I start the monitor function, let accumulate 2 or 3 screens full of
messages, right-click
and select "clear" sometimes my PC comes to a halt.
The screen is black and the keyboard (NUM key) doesn't react any more. I
had this happen
3 times and one time a short message popped up leading me to the
impression that TSM
overwrites some storage used by the graphics device driver.

Has anyone else seen this before? Should I open a PMR with IBM? Should I
switch to
a real OS ;-) ?

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp