ADSM-L

Open File Support snapshots

2006-02-21 17:14:27
Subject: Open File Support snapshots
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:14:01 -0600
When OFS is installed, does it take a snapshot of everything or just the
open files?

I have been reading the documentation from the 5.3 client, and I checked
the Quick Facts file, but I am still unsure. Sometimes the manual's
wording makes me think that the entire volume is snapshot, and other times
it appears that only the open files are snapshot and the rest are backed
up from their original location.

(Client is Windows XP Professional, TSM client 5.3.2)

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860