ADSM-L

Re: 5.3.2.2

2006-02-15 19:23:12
Subject: Re: 5.3.2.2
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:22:29 -0800
Mark Stapleton wrote

>Before blaming the TSM version, it appears that you're running the TSM

>client from the start menu, thusly:

Not sure you you get blame from a question but in any case I am not using
the start menu because I know full well the need to specify

the optfile option in this case. What I have set up is a shortcut to dsm

with -optfile in the target. This works just fine on the windows 2000

clusters I've set up. Unfortunately starting dsm from the command line with

-optfile doesn't work either.

The log shows " TSM needs to prompt for the password but cannot prompt

because the process is running in the background." I did run dsm first, when

it prompted I entered the password but starting the service still shows the

message.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator