ADSM-L

Re: TDP Exchange not recognizing circular logging disabled

2006-02-15 11:39:59
Subject: Re: TDP Exchange not recognizing circular logging disabled
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:39:36 -0500
Hi Steve,

This is not Data Protection for Exchange stopping you from doing it,
it is the Exchange Server backup API that is stopping you.
It looks like you were actually able to submit the incremental backup
request to the Exchange Server... but then the Exchange Server
failed the backup attempt with the message below.
That means that even the Exchange Server is confused.
I would stop and restart the Exchange Services as a first attempt.
If that doesn't work, try rebooting.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/15/2006
11:13:00 AM:

> TSM serv 5.2.2.0
> TSM client 5.3.0.5
> TDP for Mail 5.2.1.0
>
> Log backups fail both scheduled and gui with message "ACN5798E MS
> Exchange API HRESEBACKUPSETUP() failed with HRESULT: 0xc800020e - An
> incremental backup cannot be performed when circular logging is
> enabled".
>
> Circular logging was initially enabled, but has since been disabled.  I
> have restarted the TDP service and retried the client, and although the
> gui shows that the store I want to backup has c.l. disabled, when I try
> an incremental backup, he still throws this message and errors out.
>
> Does the server have to be rebooted before TDP will "really" recognize
> the change?
>
> Steve Schaub
> Systems Engineer, WNI
> BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
> 423-752-6574 (desk)
> 423-785-7347 (cell)
>
> Please see the following link for the BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
E-mail