ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] Exporting ADSM/VM Data to an (ASCII-based) TSM Server

2006-02-11 05:43:15
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] Exporting ADSM/VM Data to an (ASCII-based) TSM Server
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 11:42:51 +0100
In my understanding of TSM the ASCII/EBCDIC issue is not with the client
data, it's with the TSM database.
The data on the tape is in the format in which it is delivered by the
client - TSM doesn't change client data in any way.
You can use the export/import route you like best. I think the server-
to-server route will be much faster as you process the data only once.

I did server-to-server import/export (AIX to Windows) and it worked great.
Be aware that TSM writes the primary and copy pool at the target system
at the same time. So you need more available drives on the target system.

HTH
Thomas Rupp