ADSM-L

TSM's TDP for exchange and Brick or Mailbox level backups

2006-02-09 11:14:15
Subject: TSM's TDP for exchange and Brick or Mailbox level backups
From: "Consiglio, Tony" <consigli AT BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 11:13:54 -0500
Hello,

I would like to verify the answer to a question I have regarding
Tivoli's TDP v5.x for Exchange and Exchange2000 (or Exchange 2003)
servers.  Our environment is AD, with Window 2000 member servers running
exchange 2000 (or Exchange 2003).

I am pretty sure that this TDP is ONLY used to backup the "on-line"
Information Store(s) database (Priv & Pub) and NOT used to backup the
individual's mailbox or what is called "Brick Level" .  Is this correct?
Or can this TDP be used to backup and restore a user's individual's
mailbox

In short: can is be used for brick level backup & restore.

Thank you.

Tony