ADSM-L

Re: Question on DR

2006-02-08 18:16:40
Subject: Re: Question on DR
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 18:17:01 -0500
The second option is actually what we're doing right now.

We extract the logs with db2adutl locally and rsync them over to the DR
site. The other option was granting proxy access for a node to read the
logs for the PROD node directly from TSM. This has a bit of an issue if
you lose the primary site. You'll have to update the remote
dsm.opt/dsm.sys and point to a local server. The nice thing is that the
remote node can only read the backups or logs from the TSM server and
not write.

I was just looking for any other ideas. The export node option won't
really work because we don't have the pipe between datacenters to
actually push a full node export across the pipe. We MIGHT be able to
pull the log files though.

Allen S. Rout wrote:
On Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:28:14 -0500, "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT clacorp DOT