ADSM-L

Testing the DRM restore process

2006-02-08 14:39:08
Subject: Testing the DRM restore process
From: Dennis Melburn W IT743 <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 14:38:43 -0500
I am doing a test disaster recovery, and I am unable to restore the
database.  I have manually mounted the the db tape into the drive and I
have properly configured the device class, library and drives in tsm
prior to doing the restore. I stop the tsm service and then run the
RECOVERY.SCRIPT.DISASTER.RECOVERY.MODE.CMD file. Everything runs fine
until it tries to restore the database....I get this:

ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR8200I TCP/IP driver ready for connection with clients on port 1500.
ANR0200I Recovery log assigned capacity is 8 megabytes.
ANR0201I Database assigned capacity is 12 megabytes.
ANR4600I Processing volume history file T:\TSM\SERVER1\VOLHIST.OUT.
ANR4619I Snapshot database backup series 12 using device class
LTO2CLASS.
ANR4622I   Volume 1: DEV014.
ANR4634I Starting point-in-time database restore to date 01/16/2006
07:30:04.
ANR8772I Moving volume DEV014 from drive LTODRV02 to slot 4102 in
library
ADIC-DEV.
ANR8312E Volume DEV014 could not be located in library ADIC-DEV.
ANR1402W Mount request denied for volume DEV014 - volume unavailable.
ANR4578E Database backup/restore terminated - required volume was not
mounted.

Also, before stopping the service I did a checkin libvol command to let
TSM know what tapes were in the library, and I've tried running the
script with the tape in the home slot as well with similar results.

Any ideas as to what I am missing?  The TSM guide is very vague as to
what steps are involved in actually do the restore.

Mel Dennis