ADSM-L

Question on DR

2006-02-08 10:27:39
Subject: Question on DR
From: "John E. Vincent" <adsm-l-alias AT CLACORP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:28:14 -0500
Hi all,

We've been working on our DR site and wanted to try and leverage TSM for
 DB2 logs.

We currently run v8.2.2 of DB2 UDB. We archive our logs to TSM. What
we'd like to do is use a remote storage pool on our TSM server at the DR
site to copy those logs and replay them on our DB2 server at the DR site.

Is there something like that in TSM EE that we can use? I thought about
using storage pools on remote servers but we actually want to connect to
the local TSM server.

Any ideas? We're eventually moving to SQL replication but this is an
immediate step to assuage a few fears.

Thanks.

John E. Vincent