ADSM-L

Re: SV: SV: SV: TDP for Exchange fails due to Compressed data grew!

2006-02-06 10:44:32
Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: TDP for Exchange fails due to Compressed data grew!
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 10:44:09 -0500
Hi Flemming,

   COMPRESSION YES
   COMPRESSALWAYS YES

should work with DP/Exchange. It appears you were given some incorrect
information from IBM Service. I am sorry about that.
There is an issue with DP/Informix with COMPRESSALWAYS...
... but DP/Exchange should work.

Maybe it is getting overridden by some TSM Server option setting or
something you were not expecting?

However.... you should always be aware, that if compression grows too
much,
and it exceeds the size estimate by more that just a little bit,
the TSM Server could reject the backup... but that is a different error
message.

If you still cannot get it to work, please call IBM Service again.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Tivoli Storage Manager Development
IBM Corporation

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 02/05/2006
11:50:58 AM: