ADSM-L

Re: 3584 installation instructions

2006-02-05 15:01:58
Subject: Re: 3584 installation instructions
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 15:02:36 -0500
Go to ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/AIX and download the latest
Atape driver file. Install it with SMITTY INSTALL. Then
connect the library/drives to the pServer either via SCSI or Fibre, reboot or
run cfgmgr and you will see the /dev/rmtX's for each
drive and then /dev/smc0 as the library. This is the DEVICE= you use to define
the path to TSM.
You can download the Installation and User's Guide (IUG) from
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Doc.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??