ADSM-L

Re: NetWare performance issues

2006-02-02 16:36:29
Subject: Re: NetWare performance issues
From: Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 19:36:10 -0200
I had similar problems and found out that TSM Server's NIC was
configured as half-duplex. Interesting is that I wasn't having visible
performance problems with unix/windows clients backups, but for
Netware (high volume of data) the performance was terrible. Changing
net card to full-duplex made a great difference and now Netware backup
is very fast.

--
Helder Garcia