ADSM-L

Re: Another backup set question

2006-01-20 09:49:44
Subject: Re: Another backup set question
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:48:58 +0100
Timothy,

Try to use exactly the same syntax as the one used by the GUI :

GENERATE  BACKUPSET DOCAPPS "weekly docapp" 5 DEVCLASS=3592CLASS
NAMETYPE=FSID DESCRIPTION="weekly docapparch" RETENTION=1 WAIT=YES

Note the use of "5" and "NAMETYPE=FSID" : in that case you're working
with FSID to tell TSM which filespace to use

If you'd like to use the full filespace name, it should be
\\DOCAPPS\POA.
Do yourself a favor and type "H GENERATE BACKUPSET" on TSM admin command
line !
Cheers .

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland,
CIT Department Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******