ADSM-L

Storage Agent Crash

2006-01-19 15:15:19
Subject: Storage Agent Crash
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 15:14:24 -0500
While I'm waiting for TSM support to call back (IBMSERV telephone tech
could not tell me how long that might be), maybe someone here can help.

I upgraded my AIX TSM server to 5.3.2.0 a couple of weeks ago.
Everything has been good.

Today I upgraded my first AIX Storage agent from 5.2.4.0 to 5.3.2.0.  I
started the StorageAgent and then tried to do a backup.  The storage
agent crashed with an:

ANR9999D Mutex acquisition failure, errno=22; thread 3861 (tid 0).

Any ideas before I go back to 5.2.4.0?

David Ehresman
University of Louisville