ADSM-L

AW: [ADSM-L] error

2006-01-05 12:07:10
Subject: AW: [ADSM-L] error
From: Thomas Rupp <Thomas.Rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:06:59 +0100
Return code 12 means:
The operation completed with at least one error message (except for error
messages for skipped files).
For scheduled events, the status will be Failed. Review the dsmerror.log file
(and dsmsched.log file
for scheduled events) to determine what error messages were issued and to
assess their impact on the
operation. As a general rule, this return code means that the error was severe
enough to prevent the
successful completion of the operation. For example, an error that prevents an
entire drive from being
processed yields return code 12. When a file is not found the operation yields
return code 12.

See chapter "Return codes from the command line interface" in the client
installation and users guide.

HTH
Thomas Rupp