ADSM-L

Collocation Questions

2006-01-03 16:48:25
Subject: Collocation Questions
From: Dennis Melburn W IT743 <melburn.dennis AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 16:45:33 -0500
I am doing server recovery exercises at all of our sites that have TSM
servers (TSM 5.3.2.0 on W2K3).  Part of the recovery process is to
recall back tapes in our copy storage pools that belong to the node that
is being recovered.  One of the things I have noticed is that we are not
using collocation at our sites, and because of this, I am having to call
back a large amount of tapes for just one node.  If I turn on
collocation on the copy storage pools, will this decrease the number of
tapes that are used per node?  Do I have to do a move nodedata command
after turning collocation on for collocation to work?  The reason why I
don't want to turn collocation on the primary storage pools is space (we
have a small library at most of the sites) and so I just want the copy
storage pools to be collocated.  Will this work, without having the
primary storage pools collocated as well?

Mel Dennis