ADSM-L

Re: Adaptive Subfile Backup and File Servers

2005-12-28 11:38:13
Subject: Re: Adaptive Subfile Backup and File Servers
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushforth AT WINNIPEG DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:38:00 -0600
I wonder if the following is the confusion on restoring NTFS permissions
(from a Dave Cannon Presentation):

Rename Limitations
Cannot rename file in the context of backup product privileges since
file
has already been restored
Must have read or write access to the file, or be the file owner
Administrator can take ownership of the file
Use TESTFLAG TAKEOWNERSHIP to do this
Will lose the original ownership information
This limitation should be apparent only in very rare situations

The Exchange reference might be to brickback.doc in the TDP
documentation that documents a procedure to use exmerge and subfile
backups for pst files to implement an Exchange Brick Level Backup
approach using TSM.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg