ADSM-L

Re: Message ANS1568E

2005-12-21 22:36:45
Subject: Re: Message ANS1568E
From: John Monahan <JMonahan AT COMPURES DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 21:35:45 -0600
Oops.  Just reread that and realized your message dealt with TCPCADADDRESS
and not TCPCLIENTADDRESS.  Sorry.  I would still try reinstalling the
services and/or upgrading to the 5.3.2 client though.

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             John Monahan
             <JMonahan@COMPURE
             S.COM>                                                     To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Message ANS1568E

             12/21/2005 09:32
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I had the unable to open timer file message before.  All the hits on
supports searches had to do with permissions or something wrong with the
services configuration.  Try uninstalling and reinstalling the TSM
services, making sure that those reg entries are totally removed after your
uninstall.  My problem turned out to be a bug with the lanfree option and
tcpclientaddress option enabled and that was fixed in the 5.3.2 client
(IC44846).  It might be worth a shot at the 5.3.2 client to see if that
fixes it.  You shouldn't have to hard code a tcpclientaddress unless your
machine has multiple addresses and you want it to use a specific one (like
in a cluster).

______________________________
John Monahan
Senior Consultant Enterprise Solutions
Computech Resources, Inc.
Office: 952-833-0930 ext 109
Cell: 952-221-6938
http://www.computechresources.com

             Sam Sheppard
             <[email protected]
             .GOV>                                                      To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Message ANS1568E

             12/21/2005 01:41
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

I had a client call me and provided the following info from the error
log after their scheduled backup stopped working:

12/19/2005 07:20:26 UseExternalTimer:  Unable to open timer file '\s1u0.',
                    errno=2,error:No such file or directory
12/19/2005 07:20:39 ANS1568E The CAD attempted to register it's tcpport
                    and tcpip address without using the TCPCADADDRESS
option.
12/19/2005 07:20:39 ANS1570E Registering this instance of the Cad with the
                    server failed. Cad process continues.

Looking up message ANS1568E says to do the following:

Use TCPCADADDRESS in the client option file to indicate the proper TCP/IP
address for this CAD.

I had the client add this option and the error does not reoccur.  He
is asking if he will need to go into his DSM.OPT file and change this
whenever his IP address is renewed.  I told him to try his DNS entry.
I then attempted to look up this option in the client doc and cannot
find any documentation on this anywhere.

I suspect some kind of corruption somewhere along the line, since this
just happened out of the blue and also suggested he remove the client
and reinstall.

Client is 5.3.0.0, Server is 5.3.2.0.

Anyone have any experience with this and any info on the TCPCADADDRESS
option?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.