ADSM-L

REMOVAL OF TDP BACKUPS

2005-12-16 12:17:58
Subject: REMOVAL OF TDP BACKUPS
From: Andrew Young <Andrew.Young AT CFS.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:03:34 +0000

Dear All,

        I have an old 4.1 TSM Server that is backing up Notes TDP databases and logs.
        There are currently about 15 weeks worth of backups on this server, as we have moved the
        Notes backups to a new server TDP is no longer telling TSM when the backups can be removed.
        This means I have to keep the full 15 weeks on the old server until a new 15 week copy has been created
        on the new server, by looking at the node I can only see the DB and log backups. Can any tell we if there
        is a way of expiring the TDP information from the 4.1 TSM server as the backups build up on the new TSM server.

Many Thanks,

Andrew Young
Mid-Range Team,
System Software,
Operations & Services,

Miller Street     Tel:  0161 903 5079
Skelmersdale  Tel:  01695 53509
Mobile               Tel:  07725065957

e-mail:  andrew.young AT cis.co DOT uk
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential.
If you are not the intended addressee, please do not read, print, retransmit,
store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please notify us
immediately, e-mail it back to the sender and delete the message from your
computer.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and
Co-operative Financial Services accepts no liability for changes made to this
e-mail (and any attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a
result of this e-mail transmission.

Any unauthorized disclosure, reproduction, dissemination, copying,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is
strictly prohibited.

Co-operative Financial Services reserves the right to intercept any e-mails or
other communication for permitted purposes in accordance with the current
legislation which you send to, or receive from, any of the employees or agents
of the Co-operative Financial Services via it’s telecommunication systems. By
so corresponding you also give your consent to Co-operative Financial Services
monitoring and recording of any correspondence using these systems.

Unless stated otherwise by an authorized individual, nothing contained in this
e-mail is intended to create binding legal obligations between us and opinions
expressed are those of the individual author.

Co-operative Financial Services Limited is registered in England and Wales,
number 29379R.
The registered office is at New Century House, Manchester, M60 4ES.