ADSM-L

Re: 'q mo' on local console crashes TSM

2005-12-15 07:16:04
Subject: Re: 'q mo' on local console crashes TSM
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 07:14:29 -0500
On Dec 15, 2005, at 4:27 AM, Large, M (Matthew) wrote:

Hi all you TSM people,

W2K3 TSM 5.2.4.5 Server
3584lib w/ LTO2/3 all running as LTO2 devices - IBM dd 6.1.0.9

We have noticed that our TSM server is crashing when we issue 'q mo'
from a locally-opened admin console. This has happened numerous times,
so I thought I'd ask you guys if you've experienced anything like
this.
The only thing we can attribute it to is an upgrade of the IBM dd to
6.1.0.9, though since then we've had a few other drive issues.

Pursue the details to narrow down the problem area...
First review the dsmserv.err file and any dsmsvc.err file, produced
in a server crash, and should point out the failure area. That should
provide keywords to facilitate a causal search.
Also check the Windows Event Log for entries reflecting the failure,
which may shed further light.
See IBM Technote 1153895 for an example of crash pursuit.

   Richard Sims