ADSM-L

Re: Graphing TSM data ?

2005-12-15 02:46:53
Subject: Re: Graphing TSM data ?
From: Volker Maibaum <volker.maibaum AT EBERSPAECHER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:45:01 +0100
Hi,

if you have the network monitor nagios in your company, you can use this
software in combination with e.g. nagiosgrapher to monitor TSM and to
graph stats. It's free opensource software.

I wrote some nagios-checks for monitoring vital parameters (e.g. free
scratch tapes, db usage, ...) and drawing statistical data (e.g. overall
occupancy, node occupancy, diskpool usage,...). The scripts can be found
here:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Misc.54.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=397&tx_netnagext_pi1[page]=10%3A10

But if you don't already use nagios for other things, it would be to
much work put up a nagios-server only for this...

regards,

Volker