ADSM-L

Re: Adding additional sticker to lto tapes for Disaster Recovery Test

2005-12-13 15:55:37
Subject: Re: Adding additional sticker to lto tapes for Disaster Recovery Test
From: Jack Coats <Jack.Coats AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:46:18 -0600
In my experience, there is no good label to add to LTO tapes.
I started using either a white marker or paint pen when needing to add
information to the tapes.

If you MUST put an extra label on the tapes, I suggest some lablels I
have run across, they are VERY thin plastic/mylar with perminant type
adhesive.

I did, long ago now, try other stickers on some LTO tapes for a similar
reason, and managed to get an LTO drive gummed up inside.  Not a pretty
site, and I was nicely but firmly chastized my my IBM service person too
:( ... We all like to keep them happy.
Privileged and Confidential: The information contained in this e-mail message
is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the intended
recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that you have received this document in error and that any review,
dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
by e-mail, and delete the original message.