ADSM-L

Re: Novell error

2005-12-12 08:19:06
Subject: Re: Novell error
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:18:32 -0500
On Dec 12, 2005, at 7:59 AM, Robert Ouzen wrote:

Me again

The error :

12/12/2005 14:51:56 Error -50 sending ht request
12/12/2005 14:51:56 Error writing to http socket.

I got when I tried to connect my Tsm client via Web , automatically
when pressing the backup or restore button got this error
message !!!!!!!!!!

Robert - Recent client README files have contained this info:

- Web Client JRE 1.4 issue

  When using the Web Client with JRE 1.4 and above, these error
message will
  be logged in the dsmerror.log on the machine where the TSM Client
Acceptor
  resides when push buttons on the applet are pressed:
      Error -50 sending ht request
      Error writing to http socket
                ANS1005E TCP/IP read error on socket = X, errno = Y,
reason :
         'Connection reset by peer' or 'Connection aborted by host
machine'
                ANS1006E TCP/IP write error on socket = X, errno =
Y, reason :
         'Connection reset by peer' or 'Connection aborted by host
machine'
  This could potentially fill up your dsmerror.log with these
messages.  In
  order to prevent these messages from appearing in the error log,
please
  disable caching in the JRE.  This can be done through the "Java
Plug-in
  Control Panel" under the "Cache" tab.  Once this has been
disabled, these
  error message should no longer appear.  If you are using JRE
1.3.1_XX, this
  will not be a problem.  If you are experiencing hangs with the web
client
  using JRE 1.4 and above, disabling caching on the Java Plug-in
will usually
  resolve this issue as well.

There may be other causes, but this is a documented one.

This is yet another reason that so many of us avoid using the Web
Client.

 Richard Sims