ADSM-L

Re: TSM 5.3 Pubs

2005-12-12 04:06:50
Subject: Re: TSM 5.3 Pubs
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:06:41 +0100
As a matter of fact, I tried to install the docs webserver on an existing IIS
site.
The docs CD is built around Eclipse which is so complex that I gave up on
stripping it for IIS. I tried installing the Eclipse Web Server on the same
machine as IIS is running on. I had to use servany to do this.
The Eclipse Server starts two processes: Java.exe and Javaw.exe. Everything
works, but as soon as one logs on to the Windows server itself, one of the
processes dies and Eclipse doesn't work no more.
This seems to be a known 'feature' when running Java based webservers and I
haven't been able to find a solution.
I tried opening a PMR, asking how do I install the docs on an existing IIS
server, but it was closed by IBM with the suggestion to post my question in an
Eclipse Forum. Duh!!!!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines