ADSM-L

Re: How do you change the device class of a storage pool?

2005-12-03 05:18:27
Subject: Re: How do you change the device class of a storage pool?
From: "Gee, Norman" <Norman.Gee AT LC.CA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:21:07 -0800
How about creating a new primary pool and copy pool set.  When nearly
all of the data has expire out of the original set, move the remaining
data from the old primary pool to the new primary pool and backup to the
new copy pool.  Let the expiration reduce amount of data to copy.

If you define a separate device class for each pool, how would you
control if multiple storage pool request more tape drives than is
available?