ADSM-L

Re: Install 3584 library

2005-12-01 11:58:22
Subject: Re: Install 3584 library
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT SAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:58:17 -0500
Hello Luc

Here is one method:

Set up the ethernet interface on the library, requires network parms to be
entered on the front panel, and set up the web interface on the fron panel.
Then you can point a browser to the library, from there go to Service then Node
Card VPD.

That will have the serial number of each node. Where a node is a frame with
drives.

But I will say, my fuzzy memory does not remember why one would need the
library serial number.

But the web interface will help you set up prefix ranges of tapes to be used in
the library. To view tapes loaded in tapes. The latest firmware level has a
nice feature to show you the status of the fibre interfaces of each drive.

Regards len