ADSM-L

Re: 3590 Drive Problem

2005-11-30 06:17:41
Subject: Re: 3590 Drive Problem
From: Helder Garcia <helder.garcia AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:17:23 -0300
I have the same problem here. TSM 5.3.2 on AIX 5.3 64bits. Two drives
9840 that were working properly stop functioning suddenly with
messages

ANR8302E I/O error on drive MYDRIVE (/dev/mt0) with volume XXXXXX (OP=WRITE,
Error Number=5, CC=205, KEY=FF, ASC=FF, ASCQ=FF,
SENSE=**NONE**,
Description=SCSI adapter failure).  Refer to Appendix D in the 'Messages'
manual for recommended action.
ANR1411W Access mode for volume XXXXXX now set to "read-only" due to write
error.
ANR0515I Process 1 closed volume XXXXXX.

After that, I tried removing the definitions, remove and rediscover
the devices using smitty. The discover works fine and recreate the
device mt0, but when I try to define the path to it on TSM I got the
message

tsm: SERVER>def path SERVER MYDRIVE srctype=server desttype=drive
library=silo device=/dev/mt0
ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive MYDRIVE.
ANS8001I Return code 15.

I'm using ACSLS library and the drives are connected via fiber (switch).

So Gerald, if you get some resolution to your problem, please share it
here :) I'll do the same.

Thanks.

--
Helder Garcia