ADSM-L

Re: Run out of scratch tapes

2005-11-29 12:24:11
Subject: Re: Run out of scratch tapes
From: Gerald Michalak <gmichala AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:23:54 -0600
You have a catch-22 here. You need at least 1 scratch tape to run
reclamation. If you don't have any, then you have to create one.

Find your least used tape and issue a "move data <volume> stgpool=<disk
pool>" to move the data to disk.

When that's done, delete the volume, " del vol <volume> ", that should make
it a scratch tape.

Then set reclamation value on the tape pool to 90 or lower. "upd stg
<tapepool> recl=90".

Gerald Michalak

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 11/29/2005
06:57:29 AM:

> Hi, I´m new in TSM, I´ve 29 tapes and 2 drives, all of my tapes are
> in private state, some are in filling status and others in full, if
> I execute the sentence:
>
> select volume_name, pct_utilized, status, pct_reclaim from volumes
> where pct_utilized < 20
>
> I get
>
> VOLUME_NAME            PCT_UTILIZED     STATUS
PCT_RECLAIM
> ------------------     ------------     ------------------
-----------
> DYI502                          0.0     FILLING
0.0
> DYI508                          4.7     FILLING
38.5
> DYI511                         12.0     FILLING
33.0
> DYI513                          9.1     FILLING
34.4
> DYI515                          9.9     FILLING
26.7
> FZW939                          6.7     FILLING
36.8
> FZW941                          2.4     FULL
97.5
> FZW943                          0.7     FULL
99.2
> FZW945                         16.2     FULL
89.1
> FZW947                         14.7     FULL
89.4

>  I need to make some space but the reclamation process didn´t free
> some space, I´ve executed move data command but one of the drives shows
>
> ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class DC-SUNL1000, status:
RESERVED