ADSM-L

Re: Strange Linux Client problems

2005-11-29 07:39:50
Subject: Re: Strange Linux Client problems
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:38:51 -0500
On Nov 29, 2005, at 3:16 AM, Richard van Denzel wrote:

...In the ACTLOG there is this message:

28-11-2005 23:08:25  ANR2568E Request for node AIS-NL to start
schedule
                      SLTN_PROD at 11/29/05 23:00:00 is denied.
Current
                      time is 11/28/05 23:08:25. (SESSION: 2548) ...

Richard - You are the second person to write in about this message.

This message was introduced in APARs IC45924 and IC46687, for TSM client
and server.

The 24-hours-ahead schedule start time quoted in the message suggests
that your presched task is actually introducing a longer delay than you
believe, with a window smaller than you believe, such that schedule
seems to be sliding into the next day - which is premature for the
current schedule.  But this is new code, and there may be complications
which were not anticipated.  I would try to gather firm evidence of what
is happening, to report to TSM Support *if* it seems to be an error in
the TSM software.  I would verify the window duration, and be sure to
have a conclusion timestamp logged somewhere by the presched task.
Whereas you have other Linux clients not evidencing this problem, you
have an excellent basis for comparison, to see where things are going
astray in this one Linux client.

   Richard Sims