ADSM-L

Re: TSM Journal Service communication failure

2005-11-28 14:41:50
Subject: Re: TSM Journal Service communication failure
From: Uwe Koch <Uwe.Koch.BS AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 20:37:18 +0100
Hello Richard,

thanks for the fast answer. But in the dsmerror.log only these entries
appear very fast repeating :
11/25/2005 18:34:08 win32NpWrite(): Error 233 writing to named pipe
11/25/2005 18:34:08 win32NpWrite(): Error 233 writing to named pipe
11/25/2005 18:34:08 win32NpWrite(): Error 233 writing to named pipe

I just don't know what this means. Is there a TSM config setting or a
windows registry parameter to avoid this ?

  Mit freundlichen Grüßen

     With best regards

         Uwe Koch

        Dipl.-Ing.
    Nachrichtentechnik

   Server Administrator

         IBM Business Services GmbH

 Office  ABB                          Home

 Phone   +49 2351 956-1670            +49 2357 171227

 Fax     +49 2351 956-9670            +49 2357 903321

 Mobile  +49 172 7227900              +49 172 7227900

 eMail   Uwe.Koch.BS AT de.ibm DOT com       Uwe.Koch.BS AT de.ibm DOT com

 Street  Freisenbergstr. 2            Jahnstr.13

 City    D-58513 Lüdenscheid          D-58849 Herscheid

 Country Germany                      Germany

             Richard Sims
             <rbs AT bu DOT edu>
             28.11.2005 16:01          Uwe Koch/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                                                                        cc

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: TSM Journal Service
                                       communication failure

I could only advise looking for errors in the dsmerror.log.
The backup client interacts with the Journal Service via a Named Pipe,
and problems there could cause a communication failure - which should
be reflected in the error log.

    Richard Sims