ADSM-L

Re: exclude directory structure

2005-11-25 08:47:31
Subject: Re: exclude directory structure
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 18:47:25 +0500
Dear richard,
I m alittle confused.

I will create a .bat file which will take incremental backup of 1 drive:
dsmc -optfile=dsm.opt incremental -filesonly

and the other .bat file would backup D drive:
dsmc -optfile=dsm-d.opt incremental -filesonly

I m doing this because i have less amount of HDD space 5GB on C and open files
snapshot is taking tooo much space and then the system hangs.

Regards,
Sandra
 ---- rbs AT BU DOT EDU wrote :
> On Nov 24, 2005, at 11:55 PM, Sandra wrote:

> > How can I prevent directory structure to be backed up while at the
> > same time i want to do incremental backup using schedule !
>
> There is a FILESOnly client option; but thoroughly consider the
> ramifications of its use before doing so. I would be loathe to back
> up a file system and include only files, particularly in Windows.
>
>     Richard Sims

 Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
 http://www.super.net.pk/mail