ADSM-L

exclude directory structure

2005-11-24 23:55:03
Subject: exclude directory structure
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:55:01 +0500
Dear All,
I am running TSM client 5.3 on windows 2000.

When i run scheduled incremental backup or i see the GUI to view my
include-exclude, I see that directories are not excluded when i use
exclude.backup "*:\...\*" and everything is excluded when i use exclude.dir
"*:\...\*". This is understanable as exclude statement is read first and
applied too.

How can I prevent directory structure to be backed up while at the same time i
want to do incremental backup using schedule !

Any help is highly appreciated.

Sandra

 Sent via SUPERwebmail - Supernet web-based email service
 http://www.super.net.pk/mail