ADSM-L

Library sharing

2005-11-23 16:22:12
Subject: Library sharing
From: "Meadows, Andrew" <AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:22:00 -0600
Ok I am attempting to install a second TSM server with a shared 3584
library and I need some help. Heres the config.

Server A aix 5.1 tsm server 5.3.1.6 fiber connection to library
Server B same as above.

I have set up server to server communications and was able to set up the
library on the second server. However I cannot define drives. I am
following the redbook walkthrough on this and they say to do a def drive
libname drivename. When I do this though I get

tsm: NA_TSM_CRIT>def drive 3584a drive01
ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.
ANS8001I Return code 3..

Is there something I am missing. I know server to server com is
working...

If I try to def path of course it says drive 01 is not defined....

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

immediately.

Thank you.