ADSM-L

Re: bosboot error

2005-11-23 14:03:15
Subject: Re: bosboot error
From: Lawrence McMahon <lmcmahon AT LMCMAHON.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 15:01:23 -0500
Richard,

   Yes, /tmp has space.
/dev/hd3           786432    608948   23%      134     1% /tmp

(I should mention that this worked fine on the other machine with the same
ammount of /tmp. The only difference is that after I ran into this problem;
at IBM's suggestion I upgraded the AIX to V 5.3.3 on the other server, and
then did the TSM install there with no problem.)

bosboot -a gives the exact same results.

In working with IBM, they had me break the mirror, re-mirror, relink the
ipl_device, delete and reset up hd5, and I still get the same results.
That's why they are suggesting to re-install AIX.

rootvg is currently re-mirrored, with no stale partitions.

thanks,

Larry McMahon

Richard van Denzel writes:

Hi Lawrence,

Does /tmp have enough free space to hold the boot image?
Does a bosboot -a give the same results?
Is the rootvg mirrored? Any stale partitions then?

Met vriendelijke groet, With kind regards,
Richard van Denzel.