ADSM-L

Re: SQL statement

2005-11-23 05:11:39
Subject: Re: SQL statement
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:11:30 +0100
Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM wrote:
> Hi *SM-ers! My management would like to know how much they can save
> by changing our retention periods. Currently, we store most of our
> backups for 14 days and I will have to find out how much we save by
> changing this to 7 days. I'm trying to create a SQL statement to
> retrieve this information. It seems that the backups table does
> contain information about a backup being active or inactive, but it
> does not contain the file size. Can anybody help me with creating a
> SQL statement which tells me how much inactive backup data is stored
> on the TSM server for a specific node? Thank you VERY much in advance
> for your help!!!! Kindest regards, Eric van Loon KLM Royal Dutch
> Airlines

What I would do is measure the amount of data backed up in 7 days. This
is about equal to your savings....

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Reken- en Netwerkdiensten                      http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 3000    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the
computer industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the
computer industry didn't even foresee that the century was going to
end." -- Douglas Adams