ADSM-L

Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library

2005-11-23 04:05:02
Subject: Antwort: Re: [ADSM-L] Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library
From: Dierk Harbort <Dierk.Harbort AT BUERGEL DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:04:54 +0100
Hi, Luc !

We are planing to involve a second TL, and change from 3583with lto2 to a
new TL with lto3. And new tapes with higher capacity.
We decided to do a soft migration: No move data from tape to tape, instead
any scratch volume will be a new one
so data will be written step by step from old to new volumes. We place new
scratch volumes every day inside, after desaster media where taken out of
the TL.
 I assume, in your case new lto3 drives can also read lto1 volumes.

Regards, Dierk

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Luc Beaudoin    |
|         |           <lbeaudoi AT IS DOT JGH|
|         |           .MCGILL.CA>     |
|         |           Gesendet von:   |
|         |           "ADSM: Dist Stor|
|         |           Manager"        |
|         |           <[email protected]|
|         |           T.EDU>          |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           22.11.2005 16:04|
|         |           Bitte antworten |
|         |           an "ADSM: Dist  |
|         |           Stor Manager"   |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |        An:      ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                                                                |
  |        Kopie:
                                                         |
  |        Thema:   Re: [ADSM-L] Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library

Thanks Bill

My 3583 is a LTO1 and my new 3584 is LTO3 ...
after putting all my LTO1 tapes in the 3584 .. should I starts some move
data from the LTO1 to the LTO3 tapes ?

Thanks again

Luc Beaudoin
Administrateur Réseau / Network Administrator
Hopital General Juif S.M.B.D.
Tel: (514) 340-8222 ext:8254