ADSM-L

Re: Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library

2005-11-22 10:10:45
Subject: Re: Migrate IBM 3583 to a 3584 library
From: William Boyer <bjdboyer AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:10:21 -0500
Since the LTO3's can read the LTO1's and the 3584 library can handle mixed
media, I would mark my LTO1 tapes as READONLY, put in
lots of LTO3 tapes for scratch and let all the new data go to the LTO3 tapes
and the data on the LTO1's just let expire off. Your
reclamation tasks will take over and return the LTO1's to scratch status, but
they won't ever be mounted again. Just eject them when
you see them in the library.

Bill Boyer
"Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield" - ??