ADSM-L

Re: TSM Win client DOMAIN statement and unc names

2005-11-18 20:19:36
Subject: Re: TSM Win client DOMAIN statement and unc names
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:21:12 -0700
Hi Kyle,

>   From the very first e-mail on this thread Wanda asked if why when
> she added a UNC to the domain stamtement why it didn't show up in
> the GUI.  You said yes that looks like a bug.

She was referring to the *preferences editor*, specifically the BACKUP tab
where the domain list is pre-filled with available file systems that you
an add to the list. She was saying that TSM otherwise treats the share as
a valid domain object, so why doesn't it show up as a selectable item from
the Backup tab's list of available file system objects.

And I agreed, saying that the absence of this object seemed like a bug.

And by extension, I would also expect to see such a share show up in the
Network part of the GUI's backup window, but yes, *that* specifically has
nothing at all to do with domain.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/sysmgmt/products/support/IBMTivoliStorageManager.html

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 2005-11-18
16:41:16: