ADSM-L

New "issue" discovered after server upgrade

2005-11-18 09:47:55
Subject: New "issue" discovered after server upgrade
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:47:38 -0500
I just upgraded one of our TSM servers to 5.3.2.1.

Immediately, a strange error message appeared:

11/18/2005 9:27:14 AM ANR2568E Request for node VRAM7C.VCU.EDU to start
schedule VRAM7C.ARCHLOG at 11/18/05 10:00:00 is denied. Current time is
11/18/05 09:27:15.

I researched and found this to match APAR IC46687, which simply aggrivated
the existing problem by making the server aware of the situation, and now
reporting/dealing with it.

However, this APAR points to APAR IC45924 which says I need to upgrade ALL
my clients to 5.3.0.14 or 5.3.2.0.  The nodes with this problem are at
5.3.0.0.

I would need to roll this update out to my Solaris Domino clients.  I
currently don't have the time to do this, especially since I would need to
test for any issues with the Domino TDP, first.

So, my question is this:

1.  Is there a quick fix, e.g. bounce the scheduler to reset the
time/start things all over again.
2.  Is there any know problem with the Domino TDP and 5.3.2.0 ?