ADSM-L

No data read on socket

2005-11-18 05:59:59
Subject: No data read on socket
From: Bill Dourado <bill.dourado AT ALSTEC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:59:48 +0000
Hi there,

Almost all my 60 client backup schedules(with a few exceptions) when they
start
 produce the following warning messages  in the activity log :-
(The sessions always terminate(ANR8218W) ,  1 to 3 seconds after first
starting)

Date/Time                Message
--------------------
11/18/2005 07:50:01      ANR2561I Schedule prompter contacting FS3
(session 892) to
                          start a scheduled operation. (SESSION: 537)
11/18/2005 07:50:03      ANR8218W Session terminated when no data read on
socket
                          2183424. (SESSION: 537)
11/18/2005 07:50:03      ANR0480W Session 892 for node FS3  terminated -

                          connection with client severed. (SESSION: 537)

11/18/2005 07:50:04      ANR0406I Session 893 started for node FS3 (WinNT)
(Tcp/Ip
                          FS3.alstec.com(1589)). (SESSION: 893)

These clients are all set to PROMPTED schedule mode.

EXCEPTIONS:-

My Notes Domino server is set to  POLLING schedule  mode  and I don't get
the warning messages.

My Domino Transactions Log Archiving via  Windows Schedules doesn't
produce warning messages either.

Two DMZ clients , which are both PROMPTED schedule mode  &
sessioninitiation SERVERONLY

TSM Server - Windows Server 2003 - 5.2.2.0

BA Clients  Windows  version 5.2   to  3.3.0.0

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill

******************************* Disclaimer *******************************
This email and any files transmitted with it contains privileged and
confidential information and is intended for the addressee only. If you
are not the intended recipient you must not disseminate, distribute or
copy this email. Please notify the sender at once that you have received
it by mistake and then delete it from your system.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the sender and not
necessarily those of ALSTEC or its associated companies.

Whereas ALSTEC takes reasonable precautions to ensure this email is virus
free, no responsibility will be accepted by it for any loss or damage
whether direct or indirect which results from the contents of this email
or its attachments.

ALSTEC Group Limited - Registered in England No.3939840 - www.alstec.com
Registered office: Cambridge Road, Whetstone, Leicester. LE8 6LH. England.
Telephone: +44 (0)116 275 0750