ADSM-L

Re: LTO drive cleaning in a 3583...

2005-11-11 16:48:11
Subject: Re: LTO drive cleaning in a 3583...
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 16:47:17 -0500
Wanda --

I'm now running about 2.4 TB of data daily through 10 LTO2 drives in a
3584. Been doing this for just over a year now. And the only use I see
on my cleaning tapes are from manually verifying drive accessability.

I've never seen an error on the drives, much less the error that means
"clean me!".

Looks like they over-designed the self-cleaning properties of the tapes
. . .

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, INC