ADSM-L

Re: Re: question on MTLIB command...

2005-11-10 21:12:49
Subject: Re: Re: question on MTLIB command...
From: David Bronder <david-bronder AT UIOWA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:09:43 -0600
Actually, the "Resource temporarily unavailable" error is because TSM
is actively using the drive at the time.  If you look at current tape
mounts within TSM, you'd see that drive has a volume mounted and "IN
USE".  When it shows "IDLE" in TSM, the "mtlib -qD" command works as
expected.

(The "#" prompt in the original post implies he was already root, too,
so permissions wouldn't be a factor anyway.)

As Patricia posted, "mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -qM" will show mounted vols,
but you'll need to cross-reference the drive serial numbers (second
column in the output) with some other source (on AIX, "lscfg" will do)
to map them to /dev/rmt# filenames.

=Dave

--
Hello World.                                    David Bronder - Systems Admin
Segmentation Fault                                     ITS-SPA, Univ. of Iowa