ADSM-L

Re: Move Volumes

2005-11-10 15:11:50
Subject: Re: Move Volumes
From: David E Ehresman <deehre01 AT LOUISVILLE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 15:10:29 -0500
I was out of the office for a week and am trying to catch up on email so
I've just seen your note.

If the source volume went to scratch status as soon as the move data
was finished, you should read up on and review your reuse delay
settings.  You normally want a reuse delay equal to the number of full
database backups you keep.  Otherwise if you restore a database tape, it
is going to reference tapes that have gone to scratch status and
probably been reused.  With reuse delay set, the tapes goes into Pending
state for the reuse period and then go to scratch status.

David

>>> ab032 AT BYUH DOT EDU 10/27/05 11:01 PM >>>
Thanks!  I used the move command, and it even made the volume a
scratch
tape.  That was just what I needed.  Thanks!

Aaron

>>> AMeadows AT BMI DOT COM 10/27/2005 3:19:24 PM >>>
Ok now sorry here is what I meant.

Check the reclaim storage pool of the  HI_Crit_tapepool with q stg
HI_Crit_tapepool f=d.

Also to move the data use the command move data (volser number)
stg=target stgpool