ADSM-L

Export/Import

2005-11-10 12:47:54
Subject: Export/Import
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:46:55 -0800
I'm running TSM 5.2.6.1 on AIX 5.2. I've run exports and imports before but
not on a regular basis so I've got a question. How does an Import work as it
relates to replacing files when an import was done previously? Shouldn't the
files show the new import as active files?

A few weeks ago we did an export and import. On Monday I did another export
of some filespaces and according to the administrator the imported dates are
from the 6th instead of the ninth. So did the import, even though reporting
successful, not work? The export was backupactive so I would have assumed it
would have picked up Sunday nights data.

Thanks,

Geoff Gill

TSM Administrator

SAIC M/S-G1b

(858)826-4062

Email:  <mailto:geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com> geoffrey.l.gill AT saic DOT com