ADSM-L

DIRMC question

2005-11-08 09:28:38
Subject: DIRMC question
From: Copperfield Adams <Copperfield.Adams AT WWAVRC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:11:09 -0000
Hi All,

I have a node which has all data bar 1 top-level directory and its
contents bound to the default management class (2 year retention). I
have a separate management class set up with a slightly longer retention
policy for directories and have a DIRMC entry in the dsm.opt file to
bind the dirs to this management class.
There is one top-level directory and it's contents which is bound to a
separate management class that will retain data for 7 years (I use an
'INCLUDE' in the opt file).
Can anyone confirm that this directory and all it's subdirs (not the
data within but the dirs) will be bound by the 7 year class and not by
the DIRMC? In other words, if I delete some data (and dirs) from this
directory, will the dirs still be available to restore after the 2 years
(and upto 7 years)?

Many thanks.

C Adams

Data Analyst

intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
Any views or opinions presented or expressed are those of the
author(s) and may not necessarily represent those of the Company or of
any WWAV Rapp Collins Group Company and no representation is
given nor liability accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any
information contained in this email unless expressly stated to the
contrary.

If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error, you may not use, disseminate, forward, print or copy it, but
please notify the sender that you have received it in error.

Whilst we have taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any
attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses, we cannot accept
liability for any damage sustained as a result of software viruses and
would advise that you carry out your own virus checks before opening
any attachment. Please note that communications sent by or to any
person through our computer systems may be viewed by other
company personnel and agents.

Registered Office: 1 Riverside, Manbre Road, London W6 9WA

service is powered by MessageLabs.